Our retreat is designed for people newly diagnosed with dementia and their carers and aims to offer essential support, education, and resources to help you navigate this journey.
In our three-day program, find guidance and comfort in a nurturing space, tailored to your needs.
Our skilled team aids those with dementia while providing carers with the skills and knowledge needed for continued care.
Each month, we select a peaceful location within the beautiful Macedon Ranges and Hepburn Shires.
Throughout the retreat, you and your loved one will stay at the venue, surrounded by a dedicated team of trained staff available 24/7 to provide support and assistance.
We invite newly diagnosed dementia patients and their carers to share their journeys with us. If our retreat isn’t suitable for your circumstances, we are happy to refer you to alternative services that can better meet your needs.
Treehouse4Two is fully funded by the Australian Government including accommodation. Enjoy meals, including morning and afternoon tea, at no cost.
How to register
Questions about our retreat or its suitability for you? Don’t hesitate to reach out.
Our team is ready to provide detailed information, address concerns, and guide you through registration.
Frequently asked questions
Below are some of the simple criteria to check if you are eligible for Treehouse4Two. Further assessment will take place after the initial contact is made.
- You are a carer for a person living with dementia, and there has been a diagnosis of dementia.
- You live alone and have a diagnosis of dementia and have a carer who could attend the retreat with you.
- You live in the Macedon Ranges Shire, Hepburn Shire or a nearby rural location. This includes the Bendigo and Ballarat areas.
- You are able to travel to a Treehouse4Two Retreat location (as advertised on the website treehouse4two.com.au). If this is a barrier to attending, please talk to us.
- You will be able to participate in the assessment process, which includes a phone session for approximately 45 minutes and a home visit to finalise all details prior to attending the retreat.
- You will be able to participate in the follow-up evaluations (6 weeks and 6 months after the retreat), which will be conducted by telephone.
Central Highlands Rural Health and the team at the Treehouse4Two Retreat program encourage you to let us know if you have any other needs so that we can support you to attend.
This may include:
- Language, cultural and religious requirements
- You identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- You identify as LGBTQI+
- You have a disability
- You have specific dietary requirements
We can accommodate you and your parents at the retreat.
We encourage you to contact us and we will have a chat.
Telephone: Paula Weekley, Retreat Coordinator 0439 568 972 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our website: www.treehouse4two.org.au
Your feedback is extremely valuable and assists us in continuing to improve our program. We will ensure that your feedback is documented on our database and that it’s shared with the staff or service involved. https://www.chrh.org.au/feedback-form/